directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ehcache version in ApacheDS
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 22:41:22 GMT
Le 27/12/14 20:52, Colm O hEigeartaigh a écrit :
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I can appreciate that increasing the distribution size from 12 -> 17 MB
> could be problematic. I am a maven user and so this kind of consideration
> does not affect me ;-) I'll leave it up to you, if you feel that this is a
> blocker then that's ok with me. However, IMO it is not an outrageous size
> increase.

The overall size of the released package might grow by 30%, but I'm
quite sure that the JVM itself wil not load all of ehcache. In any case,
at a time where we have between 8 to 16 Gb of memory on our computers,
and 1 to 2 Gb on mobile phone, I don't see the size increase as an issue.

> If you are OK with the patch, then I'd like the change I made as part of
> the patch to be reviewed - namely associating the instanceId with the
> CacheManager, in case it has unintended consequences.

I'll check that.

Thanks Colm.