directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: About Haox project
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 19:07:03 GMT
Hi,

first a warm welcome :)

Just a few first notes, need more time to read the mail again...

* That is a huge plan and vision, I prefer to do smaller steps, but good
luck

* This proposal also means to separate all the Kerberos functionality
out of ApacheDS so that it "only" remains an LDAP server? I'd support
that, this would reduce complexity, modularization is good.

* Security nightmare. When implementing crypto yourself you need to know
what you are doing and need to react on security issues.

* Two source files contain header with Oracle copyright and GPL license.
This code needs to be replaced. I hope no other code was taken from JDK
sources.

Kind Regards,
Stefan