directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] heads up
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:01:42 GMT
On 12/21/2014 09:04 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
>>> 5) OSGi does not really like SNAPSHOT a lot. I still have to firgure
>>> oiut how to use them (there must be a solution, I just didn't had time
>>> to investigate too much)
>> Right, instead of -SNAPSHOT one has to use .qualifier. The
>> maven-bundle-plugin should convert that automatically. But I agree it is
>> confusing.
>
> removed rant

Ok, but for dependency version it is still possible to use snapshot when
following the version scheme x.y.z.qualifier, e.g. 1.0.0.M27-SNAPSHOT is
a vaild version. Maven-bundle-plugins takes care to create such a valid
OSGi version.

One problem we have is the p2-maven-plugin, the I choosed to generate
the initial P2 repo. That doesn't allow SNAPSHOT currently but replaces
it with a timestamp. I think we can get rid of if, I'll try...

Kind Regards,
Stefan