directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] heads up
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 08:28:13 GMT
>>> https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/faq/plugin-framework-faq/using-jdom-in-osgi
>>> for more insight on why could be the pb).
>> Which dependency is that? jdom? Do we use jdom? I thought we only use
>> dom4j, but that is also a problematic dependency.
> We don't use jdom, I just posted the URL to expose the potential pb if
> there is a jar with a class on teh top level.

HOLLY.

FUCK...

Have a look at that :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/felix-users/201306.mbox/%3C75B35C5A87A140D9993ADE457ADFB2FA@gmail.com%3E

It says : "You probably have Eclipse open on this project" (you bet I
have !) "and there are compile errors" (MANY !). "Eclipse still outputs
a class file for java sources with compile errors" (Stupid eclipse...)
"but these classesare weird. In particular they depend on the default
package "." " WHAT????

Yes, you get it now : Eclipse creates weird .class files into the
default package, and when you run mavn-bundle-plugin, it will throw
error messages because if this stupid useless class being around.

The solution :

mvn -f pom-first.xml ***clean*** bundle:manifest

The "clean" phase will remove all the .class files and then, the
MANIFEST.MF will be correctly built...

I can't believe it :/