directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] heads up
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:28:26 GMT
On 12/20/2014 05:23 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> 3) There is a mix of Import-Package and Require-Bundle. This is not
> good. We shoudl discuss what we should do here, bu my take is that we
> should use Import-Package for third paty dependencies (commons-lang,
> etc) and Require-Bundle for our own components.

I agree.

> 4) I have tried with the latest LDAP-API SNAPSHOT, but then I'm facing
> another issue : there is one dependency that has some class at the top
> level, which is stricly verboten. I still have to figure out which one
> (see
> https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/faq/plugin-framework-faq/using-jdom-in-osgi
> for more insight on why could be the pb).

Which dependency is that? jdom? Do we use jdom? I thought we only use
dom4j, but that is also a problematic dependency.

> 5) OSGi does not really like SNAPSHOT a lot. I still have to firgure
> oiut how to use them (there must be a solution, I just didn't had time
> to investigate too much)

Right, instead of -SNAPSHOT one has to use .qualifier. The
maven-bundle-plugin should convert that automatically. But I agree it is
confusing.

> That's just a heads up, I still have some files to commit, but this
> seems teh right approach to get the manifest geenrated automatically
> instead of handling them ourselves using  an editor... It makes me think
> that even if we successfully succeed, we will have one more himalaya to
> climb : releases...

lol, I still avoid to think about releases, it's still too far away...