directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] Status ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 15:16:13 GMT
On 12/16/2014 02:06 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I was MIA the last four days, seems like you have found some ways to get
> the manifests generated from the pom in the mean time, plus added a lot
> of pax-exam code...
>

> Can you udate us so that I can know where I could start with ? I have
> some change to do in the config code, and if a release of the API is
> necessary, I'd like to do it quick enough, ie before XMas.

Hi Emmanuel,

apologize for not updating you.

re generating manifests:
Yes. In a maven reactor build which includes Tycho/Eclipse packaging
type the manifest needs to exists, so there is no way to generate the
manifest. However it is possible to define a parallel build, that is a
'normal' maven reactor and run it once whenever dependencies change that
generates the manifest. Till now I only added one example, see
pom-first.xml. I first want to finish the pax-exam tests, then I can
continue with the manifest generation, or you do it.

re OSGi pax exam test:
That was a really good pointer, this tool is very helpful. It allows to
write tests that starts an OSGi container (Felix or Eclipse) and install
bundles. It is a bit tricky to configure because you need to define all
bundles it should install including transitive dependencies, but I found
a way to use the maven-dependency-plugin to generate a file containing
the dependencies (deps.txt) and then parse that file in the tests.
Currently its located in my sandbox, I create one test class for each
shared/api module, 50% is done, I'll do the rest within the next days.
Then I'd like to move it to shared project, either as its own
osgi-integrationtest module or if possible move each test directly to
the maven module it belongs to. Of course the same has to be done also
for ApacheDS.

Kind Regards,
Stefan