directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] LDAP/LDAPS new screen
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 12:51:26 GMT
Le 05/12/14 00:13, Howard Chu a écrit :
> Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> here is what I'm coming with for the new LDAP/LDAPS tab :
>
>> | .--------------------------------. |
>> | |V Advanced SSL Settings         | |
>> | +--------------------------------| |
>> | |  [X] needClientAuth            | |
>> | |  [X] wantClientAuth            | |
>
> People often confuse what they want with what they need. I would label
> these "Require ClientAuth" and "Request ClientAuth". Furthermore, you
> cannot require it without requesting it, so the ordering and
> precedence here is wrong. It would be better as:
>
>   [x] Request ClientAuth
>      [x] Require ClientAuth

o Implemented with the same layout (to show the dependence)
o Require is chekced when Request is checked, and Require is unchecked
when Request is unchecked (except if it was selected before).
o The Require check bos is disabled when the Request checkbox is
checked, to forbid someone to unselect it.