directory-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Chu <...@symas.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] LDAP/LDAPS new screen
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 23:13:34 GMT
Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> here is what I'm coming with for the new LDAP/LDAPS tab :

> | .--------------------------------. |
> | |V Advanced SSL Settings         | |
> | +--------------------------------| |
> | |  [X] needClientAuth            | |
> | |  [X] wantClientAuth            | |

People often confuse what they want with what they need. I would label
these "Require ClientAuth" and "Request ClientAuth". Furthermore, you
cannot require it without requesting it, so the ordering and precedence
here is wrong. It would be better as:

   [x] Request ClientAuth
      [x] Require ClientAuth

I.e., the Require option must be subordinate to the Request option (and
preferably, grayed out if Request was not selected).

--
   -- Howard Chu