directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site reorganization proposal
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:36:56 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> it's have already ben one week since ApacheCon ! Time is flying...
>
> We have had a session with Pierre, Shawn and Stefan there, while we
> discussed about the site content and organization, and felt that we
> should change a few things on the main page :
>
> - The 'latest news' menu is useless on the main page. We could use a
> carousel on top of the page, in the green area (but a small carousel)
> - Not sure that the sub-projects menu is useful, as we already have the
> list of sub project son top
> - The project vision is a bit short
> - We should have smaller images for sub-projects on the main page (a bit
> like what we have on ApacheDS)
> - We need to add the missing images for all the sub-projects
> - Those images should be clickable and bring to download pages (in fact,
> Pierre suggested we reuse the Download images from each sub-projects pages)
> - We need a new color for Fortress (red would be good - as was triplesec
> -) and for Escimo (could be light purple). Pierre-Arnaud ?
>
> I may have missed some other aspects, Pierre, feel free to correct me !
>
> Thanks !

FTR, I have applied some changes on the staging site :
- we don't have any more news on the left menu
- I have replaced the big images on the index page by smaller (anc
clickable ones), adding images for Ldap API and Mavibot

Please check that : http://directory.staging.apache.org/

We still need to add the two missing images for Fortress and Escimo on
the front page.