directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Site reorganization proposal
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 04:34:11 GMT
Hi guys,

it's have already ben one week since ApacheCon ! Time is flying...

We have had a session with Pierre, Shawn and Stefan there, while we
discussed about the site content and organization, and felt that we
should change a few things on the main page :

- The 'latest news' menu is useless on the main page. We could use a
carousel on top of the page, in the green area (but a small carousel)
- Not sure that the sub-projects menu is useful, as we already have the
list of sub project son top
- The project vision is a bit short
- We should have smaller images for sub-projects on the main page (a bit
like what we have on ApacheDS)
- We need to add the missing images for all the sub-projects
- Those images should be clickable and bring to download pages (in fact,
Pierre suggested we reuse the Download images from each sub-projects pages)
- We need a new color for Fortress (red would be good - as was triplesec
-) and for Escimo (could be light purple). Pierre-Arnaud ?

I may have missed some other aspects, Pierre, feel free to correct me !

Thanks !