directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Cancel: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M25
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 02:20:18 GMT
Hi,

I therefore cancel the vote for API 1.0.0-M25, there is a bug in the way
we deal with the sort control.

Lucas finding is correct, it breaks server-integ. The reason is that the
sort control grammar is incorrect : one transition (from orderingRule to
reverseOrder ) is made mandatory, when teh reverseOrder default to False
when missing. Adding an grammarEndAllowed in the associated action makes
the test happy.

I have fixed the issue in trunk, it's a bit late for me to cut a new
release, will do that tomorrow.

Many thanks Lucas, you have found a pb I missed because my test env is a
mess.

Bottom line, a few lessons for us :
- always have a clean test env when cutting a release... (that's for me !)
- there are some missing tests for the sortRequestControlTest class
(typically, checking that a missing reverseOrder is not breaking the
grammar)
- I don't know how possibly the server-integ could have worked after the
addition of the sort control... We should have detected the issue
earlier. I'm quite sure that the commit http://svn.apache.org/r1630177
broke the tests. We have to be careful when we commit code, a full build
is required (assuming of course the test env is correct ;-)

Ok, guys, nothing really bad. Just a few lost hours...

Thanks !