directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More promotion & effect
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:02:39 GMT
Le 16/10/14 10:46, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> As tweets about the presentations at the ApacheCon EU 2014 regarding our
> project are appearing it would be good to see if these sort any effect. I
> noticed that we have tracking functionality in our website (script src="
> http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js
> <view-source:http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>",etc).
I can give you access to google-analytics.

> Can we see whether the promotion has a positive effect on our site visits?
> And also see whether we have an increase in subscriptions to our mailing
> lists compared to periods (a few months) before the promotion started?

I usually track the users/dev mailing list subscription every 3 months.
Last time I did it was in May 2014 :
dev   : 178
users : 279
api   :  65

As of today, here are the numbers :
dev   : 174 (-4)
users : 294 (+15)
api   :  68 (+3)

I would suspect more publicity can't harm, and the increase of user's
mailing list subscription is significant (+5%).

I also see some new subscription on the ApacheDS twitter account.

Keep on the good work !