directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Blocker when trying to use Tycho, because we need ApacheDS-M18...
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 22:02:52 GMT
Two thoughts inline...

On 10/09/2014 11:03 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Alas, we are pulling this 1.0.0-M23 revision from a transitiv dependency
> from apacheds-2.0.0-M17, which still depends on this broken revision. At
> this point, we *have* to get apacheDS 2.0.0-M18 released, otherwise we
> are blocked on Studio because of this wrong API version :/

Would apacheds-2.0.0-M17 work with api-1.0.0-M24? In that case it should
be possible to force the newer version somehow, isn't it?

> Ok, that is not all black and white. I have made a lot of progress in my
> understanding on the Tycho process, and at this point, I wonder if it
> would not be a good idea to review the API OSGified poms, and to start
> doing the same work on ApacheDS and the other modules...

That makes totally sense. And I wonder if there is some kind of test or
verification that the generated OSGi bundle (especially the MANIFEST.MF)
is valid, that there are no split packages, etc.?

Kind Regards,
Stefan