directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedded Apache DS as proxy
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:24:17 GMT
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Sebastian Oerding <
sebastian.oerding@robotron.de> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> thanks for the help provided thus far. however I still struggling with the
> Apache DS. I tried to add a partition with
>
> private void addPartition(DirectoryService service) {
>
>         AvlPartition partition = new
> AvlPartition(service.getSchemaManager());
>
>         partition.setId("smpki");
>         try {
>             partition.setSuffixDn(new Dn(service.getSchemaManager(),
> "dc=smpki"));
>             //            AvlRdnIndex index = new AvlRdnIndex("2.5.4.3");
>             //            partition.addIndex(index);
>             partition.initialize();
>
>             // create the context entry
>             Entry contextEntry = new
> DefaultEntry(service.getSchemaManager(), "dc=smpki", "objectClass: top",
>                 "objectClass: organizationalUnit", "ou: certificates");
>
>             partition.add(new AddOperationContext(null, contextEntry));
>
>             service.addPartition(partition);
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             LOG.error("Error adding a partition", e);
>             throw new IllegalStateException("Error occurred adding
> partition!");
>         }
>     }
>
> but now I'm getting the error
>
> ERR_219 Entry dc=smpki contains no entryCsn attribute: Entry
>     dn[n]: dc=smpki
>     objectclass: top
>     objectclass: organizationalUnit
>     ou: certificates
>
> there are multiple errors in the code, I have a complete example here
http://apaste.info/KHX
Note that you shouldn't add an entry using partition manually (unless you
know the complete
internal details of the server)
Instead always use CoreSession API to perform all the operations.

After some further investigation I tried to add the index as shown in the
> code (the code with the AvlRdnIndex which had been commented out) but I
> still get the same error. All of the code examples I found in the net are
> incomplete or do not work due to a changed API for example since milestone
> M-3. I failed to attempt them. The user documentation of the Apache DS is
> of help but incomplete.
>
> Could you please provide a complete example? The checked the following
> examples are all lacking in some way:
> http://joacim.breiler.com/apacheds/ch05.html ( helpful but failed to get
> it really done with milestones M-17)
> http://d.pr/n/2B0q (link is dead, it was mentioned by Kiran in an earlier
> thread about adding a partion from the beginning of 2014)
> The Apache DS user guide -> incomplete, especially in adding elements
> programmatically
>
> I would be glad to use the Apache DS for  parsing the requests. However as
> I have only 5 days left to integrate the functionality to parse LDAP
> requests I can not afford to waste any more time with fruitless attempts to
> get it running. If I do not get it managed to use the Apache DS I have to
> write my own ASN1 / LDAP message parser.
>
> as Emmanuel said, don't expect it to be done in 5 days, unless you can
read and write ASN.1
like English ;)

> With regards Sebastian
>
> Am 26.09.2014 13:20, schrieb Kiran Ayyagari:

Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com