directory-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Oerding <sebastian.oerd...@robotron.de>
Subject Re: Embedded Apache DS as proxy
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 08:08:49 GMT
Hello,

thanks for the help provided thus far. however I still struggling with
the Apache DS. I tried to add a partition with

private void addPartition(DirectoryService service) {

         AvlPartition partition = new
AvlPartition(service.getSchemaManager());

         partition.setId("smpki");
         try {
             partition.setSuffixDn(new Dn(service.getSchemaManager(),
"dc=smpki"));
             //            AvlRdnIndex index = new AvlRdnIndex("2.5.4.3");
             //            partition.addIndex(index);
             partition.initialize();

             // create the context entry
             Entry contextEntry = new
DefaultEntry(service.getSchemaManager(), "dc=smpki", "objectClass: top",
                 "objectClass: organizationalUnit", "ou: certificates");

             partition.add(new AddOperationContext(null, contextEntry));

             service.addPartition(partition);
         } catch (Exception e) {
             LOG.error("Error adding a partition", e);
             throw new IllegalStateException("Error occurred adding
partition!");
         }
     }

but now I'm getting the error

ERR_219 Entry dc=smpki contains no entryCsn attribute: Entry
     dn[n]: dc=smpki
     objectclass: top
     objectclass: organizationalUnit
     ou: certificates

After some further investigation I tried to add the index as shown in
the code (the code with the AvlRdnIndex which had been commented out)
but I still get the same error. All of the code examples I found in the
net are incomplete or do not work due to a changed API for example since
milestone M-3. I failed to attempt them. The user documentation of the
Apache DS is of help but incomplete.

Could you please provide a complete example? The checked the following
examples are all lacking in some way:
http://joacim.breiler.com/apacheds/ch05.html ( helpful but failed to get
it really done with milestones M-17)
http://d.pr/n/2B0q (link is dead, it was mentioned by Kiran in an
earlier thread about adding a partion from the beginning of 2014)
The Apache DS user guide -> incomplete, especially in adding elements
programmatically

I would be glad to use the Apache DS for  parsing the requests. However
as I have only 5 days left to integrate the functionality to parse LDAP
requests I can not afford to waste any more time with fruitless attempts
to get it running. If I do not get it managed to use the Apache DS I
have to write my own ASN1 / LDAP message parser.

With regards Sebastian