directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Notice to donate Fortress to the Apache Directory Project
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:17:06 GMT
Hi Shawn,

On 09/16/2014 01:32 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to increase the number of contributers and broaden adoption I
> am considering contributing Fortress to the Apache Directory project.  I
> am offering this donation under the advisement of Emmanuel Lecharny who
> is also a committer on the Fortress project.  Emmanuel has focused his
> efforts on integrating Fortress with the Apache LDAP API and that work
> is nearly complete.  Please let me know if you would be interested in
> discussing this further.

Thanks for the proposal.

I agree that Fortress is a good fit to the other projects at Apache
Directory. So if you and others think that Fortress should be a
sub-project then I won't oppose.

However I also have concerns. The Directory project already has 5
subprojects, 3 of them with more then 200k LOC each, but only 2 active
committers. I just want to avoid that we inject yet another code drop
that nobody maintains later.

Also, can you please tell us the source repositories? I found [1], which
projects do you want to donate, those 4 (core, commander, enmasse, and
realm) or just part of them? Or are there other projects?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi