directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavibot bulkloader
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:24:22 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a bit of time this week-end, I'm reviewing the bulk loader code
> and will try to imrpove it.
>
> So far, we need to add a few imrpovements and features, AFAICS :
>
> - unlimited number of entries. Currently, we are memory bound, as we
> load in memory all the DN we read from the file. A merged sort could
> help here (still to think more about this pb)
> - we need to inject the config in the bulkloader in order to inject the
> user indexes we want to load. This is currently not done (although we do
> have the list of indexes to process)
> - speed up - if we can.
>
> If you have any other idea or suggestion, that would be very welcome !

A small issue in the LdifReader class : we don't have a separate
initialization (ie, the initialization is done when the constructor is
called).

It has some impact in the way we parse the DN, as we do validate the
first one twice, the flag being set to true by default. It's also
impossible to use the DnFactory which caches some DN, which would be a
valuable thing to have.

It's minor, and does not impact the performances in a detectable way,
but for the clarity of teh code, it would be better to separate the
init() from the construction fo any LDIFReader class.