directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <mckinney-2...@att.net>
Subject Re: Fortress API to become an Apache project
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:25:04 GMT
Hello, nice to be joining you for this conversation...

On 06/27/2014 11:02 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Shawn and his brother were the only guys having work on this piece of
> code, with a few additions from me (mainly the integration of Apache
> LDAP API and Apache DS, plus a few fixes here and there). Obviously,
> Shawn's brother will have to agree to the move, which is not an issue so
> far.

Let me reassure you there will be no problems - my brother supports this
move.

On 06/27/2014 11:02 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> There are a few dependencies on third party libs which have to be taken
> care of, but AFAIR, mainly UnboundID - and the work is almost done as I
> already used Apache LDAP API as a replacement last year). We have to
> check if there is any other (but AFAIR, nope).

Most of the dependencies are to apache projects like ADS, commons,
wicket, cxf.  You may review the project pom's:

1. Fortress 'core' SDK:
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-core.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=6b72dbfc6eb20b493c45dda892529e79ccc36261;hb=HEAD

<http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-core.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=6b72dbfc6eb20b493c45dda892529e79ccc36261;hb=9e3c80063be49c8782b56d166c891cc2fc53e75a>2.

Sentry policy enforcement points (Tomcat and Websphere realms for Java
EE security):
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-realm.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=2f9a46a2c04f3325d9fad19b015e2c477f3fc775;hb=HEAD

3. EnMasse REST AP (uses Apache CXF):
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-enmasse.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=e9242ae58e03a332b19d5e32e619d0c322648486;hb=HEAD<http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-enmasse.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=e9242ae58e03a332b19d5e32e619d0c322648486;hb=0ef3f5e032a39b6bb1414850184827586c6f86b0>

4. Commander Web admin (uses Apache Wicket):
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-fortress-commander.git;a=blob;f=pom.xml;h=78a9725f77517703180838d54c5eab0470ca58d9;hb=HEAD

Also as Emmanuel said earlier there is one dependency to the unbound
ldap api that we are in the process of removing.  This cleanup effort
remaining is moderate, between 40 & 160 hours.  The new apache ldap api
plumbing is in place, all of the rbac entities have been converted to
use, some loose ends - password policy interrogation, all regression
tests passing, finish the last few (non-rbac) entities.

Shawn