directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fortress API to become an Apache project
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:38:58 GMT
Hi guys,

for months now, I'm working with Shawn McKinney on Fortress
(http://www.openldap.org/fortress/ and http://iamfortress.org/overview).
this week, he asked me what would be the best way to get this project
becoming an Apache project.

At thi spoint, we have a few options available :
- go through incubation
- accept the project under ADS umbrella, but as a side project, like
Studio, Mavibot or Escimo
- ask some other umbrella project if they are interested (Shiro, Syncope ?)

I do think there is some potential for this project (which is an API and
a web application) to become an interesting part of Apache Directory, as
it uses either OpenLDAP or ApacheDS as a backend, and also uses the
Apache LDAP API on the client side. It also is a good replacmenet for
the dormant Triplesec project.

At this point, I would be pleased to get your take on such a move.

wdyt ?
PS : Fortress is already using AL 2.0, and Shawn is the main contributor
and code owner so no pb with the code attribution or copyright ownership).