Hi,

I just committed the code for LdapConnectionTemplate.  It is similar in concept to JdbcTemplate from Spring with the goal of reducing the boilerplate code.  I added all the CRUD operations with a couple friendly overloads.  I also added some methods for dealing with authentication and password updates that respects password policy.  Would you let me know if I missed something?

Also, in doing this, I made some updates to the testing infrastructure.  To start with, I added a new annotation @CreateLdapConnectionPool that allows you to configure a connection pool for your unit tests.  Then I created 3 new TestRule's that can be used in place of the FrameworkRunner: CreateDsRule, CreateLdapServerRule, and CreateLdapConnectionPoolRule.  CreateLdapConnectionPoolRule extends CreateLdapServerRule, which in turn extends CreateDsRule.  That means if you use CreateLdapConnectionPoolRule you get all of the annotation processing it has, plus that of CreateLdapServerRue, which in turn, provides that of CreateDsRule.  You will need to create 2 instances of the rule you want to use, one should be annotated with @ClassRule, one with @TestRule.  The @TestRule instance should be constructed with the @ClassRule instance as an argument to its constructor.  This allows you to annotate both at a class level, and a method level.  While this might sound like a little more work than using the FrameworkRunner, it means you will now be free to incorporate other runners (like the Spring test runner) and you no longer have to extend any base class. I put together some unit tests in the test-framework project that demonstrate how to use them.

Anyway, I would love to hear what you all think about this stuff.

Thanks,
Lucas