directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit tests for ldap api classes
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 11:32:45 GMT
Placement at a project level in the proposed layout (under clients) is not
a factor in cyclic dependency considerations for Maven. Only modules are
considered by Maven when calculating cycles. So foreseeably you can place
this ldap-client-test module in the correct logical position under the
clients project without imposing cyclic dependencies.

Another option might be to create a separate project for just tests that
must pull in dependencies from everywhere to explicitly try to avoid
cycles. However that might be a maintenance overhead.

Separately, Stephan makes a good point about cleaning up some of the
unnecessary dependencies before doing this reorganization: might make it
easier to do.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex