directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit tests for ldap api classes
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 18:37:29 GMT
On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de>wrote:

> On 05/04/2014 01:33 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> > Ok, but why should we move api-ldap-client-api to clients/trunk/ldap ?
> >
> > What I had in mind was just to move aâcheds/ldap-client-test to
> > client/trunk/ldap. In this case, we should not have any cyclic
> dependency.
>
> Oh, then I misunderstood you. I thought client/trunk/ldap should contain
> both, productive and test code for the LDAP client API.
>
> AFAI, this is what Lucas was proposing and it can be done provided the
-test module's pom.xml
alone contains the apacheds dependencies

If the main idea was to just have -tests in the same folder as -ldap-client
then IMHO it offers nothing
from a developer pov.

and I am neutral to the idea of creating a new 'clients' branch, cause this
is not going to solve anything
except annoying people with broken svn links in their workspaces (which I
personally don't like).

Kind Regards,

--
Kiran Ayyagari