directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Boxer, Aaron" <Aaron.Bo...@uhn.ca>
Subject RE: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M16 not running on windows 7 64 bit
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 00:56:41 GMT
What about Yet Another Java Service Wrapper

http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/

It claims to be a GPL Tanuki replacement.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:49 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M16 not running on windows 7 64 bit

Le 13/05/2014 22:07, Garbage a écrit :
> I did not yet try this with ApacheDS but I run several applications on
> w2k3 and w2k8 using apache commons daemon. It is quite easy to set up
> and maintain and I would even suggest the ApacheDS team switch to that
> solution (although I don't know if there is a special requirement that
> makes tanuki wrapper compulsory)

Tanuki was way easier to use when we switched to it, years ago. Before that, we were using
apache commons daemon, and it was a real PITA (but again, it was 7 years ago).

Sadly, Tanuki has decided to change their policy and to make the tool not so open, especially
on Windows.

It's probably time to switch back to commons daemon, which has eveolved a lot suince then.

> I use commons daemon in combination with an application that launches
> an embedded ApacheDS 1.5 and it runs flawlessly since end of 2012

We would be very pleased to get some direction here, this is most certainly the way to go.
We can't simply accpet the idea to keep going with win32 and tanuki wrapper, that's for sure.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the
organization.