directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Mavibot] Status
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 13:05:13 GMT
Hi guys,

I finally fixed two huge issues we had in Mavibot this week :
- first, we now keep a track of all the latest revisiosn for all the
btrees, as a single block. That will allo us to expose the data only
when a global transaction (ie, a transaction updating many btrees in one
shot), a critical requirement for ApacheDS.
- second, the cache setting was wrong for the BtreeOfBtrees and teh
CopiedPagesBTree, leading to quick OOM. This has been fixed.

As a result, we can get 144 update/s on the AddPerfIT test, to compare
with the 100 update/s with JDBM.

I will now migrate the branch into trunk, so that Kiran can inject the
pending code on BulkLoad.

Th enext step will be to release as is, to be able to release ApacheDS.

There is still a hell lot of things to do in Mavibot :
- even if the mechanism that group the transactions update is in place,
it's not yet leveraged
- we still have to deal with old revision cleanup
- we are writing way to frequently on the disk, especially for grouped
updates in a transaction

This will be on our agenda for the next releases.