directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M16 not running on windows 7 64 bit
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 21:48:34 GMT
Le 13/05/2014 22:07, Garbage a écrit :
> I did not yet try this with ApacheDS but I run several applications on w2k3 and w2k8
using apache commons daemon. It is quite easy to set up and maintain and I would even suggest
the ApacheDS team switch to that solution (although I don't know if there is a special requirement
that makes tanuki wrapper compulsory)

Tanuki was way easier to use when we switched to it, years ago. Before
that, we were using apache commons daemon, and it was a real PITA (but
again, it was 7 years ago).

Sadly, Tanuki has decided to change their policy and to make the tool
not so open, especially on Windows.

It's probably time to switch back to commons daemon, which has eveolved
a lot suince then.

> I use commons daemon in combination with an application that launches an embedded ApacheDS
1.5 and it runs flawlessly since end of 2012

We would be very pleased to get some direction here, this is most
certainly the way to go. We can't simply accpet the idea to keep going
with win32 and tanuki wrapper, that's for sure.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,