directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Mavibot] Current status
Date Fri, 09 May 2014 10:02:38 GMT
Hi !

so we now have a complete functionnal checker for Mavibot. Many bugs
have been fixed, but at least we now are able to check sub-btrees and
CopiedPages Btree.

There are still some issue that need to be fixed : the
LongArraySerializer is not symetric (ie, if you serialize a Long[], you
wn't be able to deserialize it). This is due to the fact we don't
serialize and deserialize the values in a correct way in the ValueHolder
implementation. This has to be fixed.

Regarding the resulting file, there are many lost pages, as we create
many revisions of the CPB, which are never revovered. At the end, we
have a file growing fast in size.

This is the next step : implement the free pages reclaim system, so that
we can limit the size of the file. Currently, we just reclaim the header
of the BOB, which is far from being enough.

I will suggest we first move the branch in trunk, and start from there
after a release, as the code is working with ApacheDS.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,