directory-dev mailing list archives

From Reid Varner <r.var...@samsung.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] [Studio] ApacheDS 2.0.0 and Kerberos Setup
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:05:23 GMT
Hello,

I am tasked with setting up an ApacheDS 2.0.0 LDAP + Kerberos (including KDC) server for use
in our testing environment. I followed this guide<https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html>,
but am unable to successfully authenticate with my LDAP server using Kerberos as per the final
step on that page.

I am using Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0.

When I have "Require Pre-Authentication By Encrypted TimeStamp" checked, I get the error:javax.security.auth.login.LoginException:
Integrity check on decrypted field failed (31)

When I uncheck that field, restart the server, and try to connect using Kerberos, I get: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException:
Checksum Failed

I am sure the username and password I am supplying is correct. What could be the problem?
Has anyone successfully set up ApacheDS 2.0.0 with Kerberos?

Is there a guide I should be following somewhere?

It seems the folks over at ApacheDS have yet to document configuration<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/2-kerberos-config.html>
of their Kerberos server.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,