directory-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Clum <joshc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manual Keytab Creation
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:40:07 GMT
So just looking at the ticket, I can get the following seemingly relevant
information. I'm requesting a tgt for a principle client@EXAMPLE.COM
. krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM@EXAMPLE.COM is my KDC in Ldap.

TgTicket serverTgt = conn.getTgt(sshPrincipal, PASSWORD);
LOG.debug("Client name: {}", serverTgt.getClientName());
LOG.debug("Key version: {}",
serverTgt.getEncKdcRepPart().getKey().getKeyVersion());
LOG.debug("Key type: {}",
serverTgt.getEncKdcRepPart().getKey().getKeyType());
LOG.debug("Server name: {}", serverTgt.getServerName());
LOG.debug("Ticket Vno: {}", serverTgt.getTicket().getTktVno());
LOG.debug("Protocol Vno: {}",
serverTgt.getTicket().getProtocolVersionNumber());
LOG.debug("Server Name: {}", serverTgt.getTicket().getSName());
LOG.debug("Server Name Value Type: {}",
serverTgt.getTicket().getSName().getNameType().getValue());
LOG.debug("Server Name String: {}",
serverTgt.getTicket().getSName().getNameString());

Client name: client
Key version: 0
Key type: des-cbc-md5 (3)
Server name: krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM
Ticket Vno: 5
Protocol Vno: 5
Server Name: { name-type: KRB_NT_SRV_INST, name-string : <'krbtgt', '
EXAMPLE.COM'> }
Server Name Value Type: 2
Server Name String: krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM

For my keytab entry i need:

new KeytabEntry(String princNam, long PrincType, KerberosTime timeStamp,
byte keyverion, EncryptionKey key);
I'm guessing that creating a keytab entry for client@EXAMPLE.COM would be
done by passing in:

new KeytabEntry("client@EXAMPLE.COM", X, Y, (byte) 0, Z);

where:

*X = PrincType? Is there some constant defined somewhere?*
Y = new KerberosTime(KerberosUtils.UTC_DATE_FORMAT.parse("20070217235745Z"
));
Z = encryption key from TgTicket.getEncKdcRepPart()

Does that sound correct? Could i then use that keytab to authenticate
client@EXAMPLE.COM?

Josh