directory-dev mailing list archives

From James Hurley <jhur...@pros.com>
Subject Using custom password validators
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 18:45:07 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to implement a custom password validator (interface org.apache.directory.server.core.api.authn.ppolicy.
PasswordValidator) for our ApacheDS 2.0.0-M12 installation  and I don't see where this can
be configured for use.  The Apache Directory Studio interface for changing the server configuration
has a text field in the password policy for the validator but there is no documentation what
is supposed to go there (class name? alias? Something else?).  My plan was to compile my validator
class against the release jar then include it  on the classpath but it is unclear how I can
actually plug it in for use.  Can someone provide some information on how to do this?  Thanks
for your help!

James Hurley | PROS | Senior Software Engineer | Product Development
email: jhurley@prospricing.com<mailto:jhurley@prospricing.com>