directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M4
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 07:28:46 GMT
Hi !

This is the forth release of Apache Mavibot, the MVCC BTree in Java !

This version brings some new improvements in the API and the
performances. The In-memory and Persisted B-trees classes have
been moved into the same package, to avoid exposing the methods
to the external world. We also have shared the common methods.

Some specific exceptions have been created.

This is by far not the latest milestone, the next one will bring
major changes : revisions support, transaction support.

ApacheDS has already been tested with Mavibot 1.0.-M4-SNAPSHOT.

Here are the list of fixed issues :

Bug
---

    [MAVIBOT-20] - Btree created with the duplicateValues flag to false
still accept duplicate values

Improvements
------------

    [MAVIBOT-25] - Don't update the RMHeader for each free page we get
    [MAVIBOT-27] - Aggregate the Persisted and InMemory common methods
    [MAVIBOT-28] - Move the Persited and InMemory classes into the same
package
    [MAVIBOT-29] - Use a BtreeFactory to create BTrees
    [MAVIBOT-30] - Replace the RuntimeException by specific exceptions
    [MAVIBOT-33] - Serializer and comparator should be static instances

So let's vote now !

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/r1574993

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/mavibot/tags/1.0.0-M4/

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1001/

Please cast your votes: