directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] loading controls and extended operations
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:42:01 GMT
I find this very frustrating that we went ahead accepting the idea of
the classification of 'default' and 'extras' within those shipped by the
server.

Trust me, this is a PITA, and we all know that.

IMHO all the controls/extendedops supported by server should be loaded by
default.
If it is shipped with the server we _must_ activate it by default.

And keep this property based loading mechanism hoping that a LDAP _user_
might implement his own control and configure in the server before the
apocalypse.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com