directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] loading controls and extended operations
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:53:09 GMT
Le 2/6/14 9:42 AM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> I find this very frustrating that we went ahead accepting the idea of
> the classification of 'default' and 'extras' within those shipped by the
> server.
>
> Trust me, this is a PITA, and we all know that.
>
> IMHO all the controls/extendedops supported by server should be loaded by
> default.
> If it is shipped with the server we _must_ activate it by default.
>
> And keep this property based loading mechanism hoping that a LDAP _user_
> might implement his own control and configure in the server before the
> apocalypse.

I must admit that I agree with Kiran here.

Controls and extended operations ar etighly linked with the server
internals : you won't just add a control without modifying the logic of
the server to deal with the control.

Although we have to get more involved in OSGi, except that we don't have
time atm.

So my +1 to Kiran suggestion, and when we can spend some time to
understand the ins and outs of OSGi, we will rethink the full logic.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,