directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mavibot] status
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:44:43 GMT
I'm still fighting with the multi-threaded in-memory B-tree.

The way we handle the rootpage is not correct : we use it in search
operations while it can be modified in insert/delete operations. I tried
to protect it by using two different variable (a currentRootPage and a
newRootPage, which get swaped whe the update operation is committed) but
it's not enough, I still have some bad insertions quite frenquently.
This is typical to a concurrent pb.

I also realized that the variable to protect is not the rootPage, but
the btreeHeader, which should give access to the current rootPage. In
fact, anything that can change during an update should be copied, and
insolated from any search operation.

Also the in-memory B-tree does not support multi-version atm, and this
is something we must fix.

A lot to do in this area...

--
Regards,