directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Alias indexes : are they still useful ?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 17:50:27 GMT
Hi guys,

I was trying to get a clue abut what the alias indexes are used for
today. We have three of them :
- alias
- oneAlias
- subAlias

AFAICT, the Alias index is used to refer an Alias to the entry it
aliases. We can't get rid of it. The OneAlias and SubAlias are used to
refer the entries under the entry pointed by the alias (direct children
for the OneAlias index, and descendant for teh SubAlias index).

If so, we probably can get rid of the two last ones : we already can get
the list of descendants using the ParentdAndRdn index. If they are used
to select the best filter, then it's also useless, as we already store
the number of children and descendants in the ParentIdAndRdn index.

I'm not 100% sure, because I never spent too much time in the logic of
this part of the server, so is anyone can confirm that I'm wrog ro right ?

Many thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,