directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M3
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:03:16 GMT
Hi !

This is the third release of Apache Mavibot, the MVCC BTree in Java !

Some big refactoring in this milestone, as many of the classes and
interfaces are now comon to both the managed and in-memory btrees.
A replace method has been added, the cache is now shared with the
btree subtrees, and we don't create a subtrees for each values when
the BTree allows duplicate values, which leads to better performance.

Most important, we don't anymore deserialize the whole page when it
is read from disk, we just deserialize the needed keys and values.
This single change boost the performance by an order of magnitude.

The cursors have been refactored, and some tests have been added.

ApacheDS has already been tested with Mavibot 1.0.-M3-SNAPSHOT.

Many other bugs have been fixed.

So let's vote now !

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/r1550054

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/mavibot/tags/1.0.0-M3/

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-041/

Please cast your votes: