directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavibot Partition
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 02:32:16 GMT
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 4:09 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today, I investigated the way the Mavibot Partition is implemented, wrt
> to the modifications I've made those past month. There are a few missing
> parts, I'm afraid.
>
> First of all, we aren't counting correctly. When we add a <key, value>
> tuple, we should increment the counter regardless the fact the key
> exists or not. In other words, we count tuples, not keys. That's easy to
> fix.
>
> I think we should count the tuples, say we have a filter
(&(cn=x)(sn=y))

and 'cn' index has: x -> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
'sn' index has: y -> 2,5

then the optimizer will pick up the predicate with less number of candidates
which is 'sn' here based on the count of tuples, if we count only keys
then this optimization will not work

> A bit more complex : when we create a cursor on top of an index, we
> should be able to browse all the tuples back and forth. That means we
> should iterate over the keys, and over the values for each key if we
> have more than one. It requires some modifications in the way we have
> implemented the MavibotCursor. Typically, we have to retain the position
> in the BTree, *and* the position in the values associated with the key
> we are processing. Currently, it does noy work well.
>
> I'm going to get it fixed.
>
> Thanks for any comment on those findings.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> www.iktek.com
>
>


-- 
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Mime
View raw message