directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: p2 update site has odd references
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:48:22 GMT
On 11/21/2013 07:52 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> This is weird. I suspect that nexicom.net is an apache mirror and that we
> need to dowload some external plugin.

That's correct, the update site [1] is created using the Apache
mirrors.cgi script and chooses a random/nearby mirror that is used for
downloading the real artifacts. This is a requirement from Apache infra
in order to distribute the load.

Possible solutions:
- Host your own site.xml in your internal network that points to an
allowed mirror [2]
- Mirror an Apache mirror directly, choose one from [2]. However the
site.xml is currently not distributed to the mirrors. But I think that
is something we can solve, please create a Jira if we should try that.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://directory.apache.org/studio/update/2.x/site.xml
[2] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi