directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Ads + Mavibot Partition
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:25:57 GMT
Just  quick heads up :

Im tryinh to fix a bug that forbid us to inject a few thousands entries
in the server (the injection test fails after aound 3000 thousands of
entries added). The problem lies in teh way we serialize/deserialize
ParentIdAndRdn. For some reason, we add the length of the byte[]
containing the ParentIdAndRdn before the serialized value. The
deserializer does not expect to find this length, thought the next
position is not good. If I remove this length, now I have a pb because
the number of expected RDNs is too big, and I get an
ArrayOutofCoundException while tryingt to create an array of RDN[] with
zillions of values.

Obviously, we don't serialize/deserialize correctly, although the
ser/deser methods have been tested and work. It's more about the way we
call them : when we reach a number of stored elements, the cache is
full, and we need to read back some pages from disk. This is when we
have the issue. I have to understand why a Page deserialization fails.
It should not be such a big issue, but the failure is quite random
(something I don't understand, though... Not sure that the cache is not
responsible for this randomness).

I'll keep the list updated.

-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com 


Mime
View raw message