directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: A minor question about TLV class
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:37:05 GMT
Le 10/29/13 1:00 PM, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I'm reading the codes preparing myself for development of some Kerberos related features.
Just have a minor question as below.
> According to DER rule, in the short form, the length octets consist of a single octet
in which bits 7 to 1 encode the number of octets in the contents octets, and the form applies
only for lengths between 0 and 127. Thus in the TLV class, the length of ONE_BYTE array should
be 128 instead of 256. If I understand this correctly, then this should be only a minor coding
issue, no bug exists here since the array is correctly used with check (length < 128).

You are 100% right.

I have fixed the code accordingly to your suggestion !

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message