directory-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [INFO] Generalized Escimo?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:19:44 GMT
On 14/10/2013 12:14, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
> <ilgrosso@apache.org <mailto:ilgrosso@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     HI all,
>     I've heard something about Escimo and read [1] it is supposed to
>     be a SCIM v2 [1] protocol implementation.
>
> yes
>
>     Since at Syncope we have something similar planned for next
>     releases [3], do you think that Escimo implementation could be
>     general enough to make it work eiher on top of - say - ApacheDS
>     and Syncope?
>

> yes, the goal is to make it easy to adapt on different kinds of backends.
> The default implementation has complete support to use any LDAP server
> as a backend.
> Escimo is also JAXRS implementation neutral, i.e., it can be used with
> any JAXRS
> library (by default it uses Apache Wink)

Great to hear: FYI, current Syncope JAX-RS interface is built on top of
Apache CXF and we would like to add a second SCIM interface.

Is there any documentation available (yet) about how to develop Escimo
or how to extend it? How much is already implemented?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/