On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Suresh <suresh.hack@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Team,

I am implementing password policy in my organization using ApacheDS but I cant find any way to set it.

I can set Massword max length and min length etc but no option for complexity.

you can add an implementation of the PasswordValidator [1] and add its FQCN as the value
of the attribute "ads-pwdValidator" of the entry ads-pwdId=default,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
in your config.ldif

Note that the value of this attribute it set to DefaultPasswordValidator[2] by default.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/api/authn/ppolicy/PasswordValidator.java
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/api/authn/ppolicy/DefaultPasswordValidator.java

Can anybody help in this ?

Thanks in advance.