directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS]How to set Password complexity
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 13:25:42 GMT
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Suresh <suresh.hack@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I am implementing password policy in my organization using ApacheDS but I
> cant find any way to set it.
>
> I can set Massword max length and min length etc but no option for
> complexity.
>
> you can add an implementation of the PasswordValidator [1] and add its
FQCN as the value
of the attribute "ads-pwdValidator" of the entry
ads-pwdId=default,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
in your config.ldif

Note that the value of this attribute it set to DefaultPasswordValidator[2]
by default.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/api/authn/ppolicy/PasswordValidator.java
[2]