directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mavibot] Value storage
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:30:44 GMT
Le 9/14/13 9:45 AM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>

>>     /**
>>      * @return The array of stored values.
>>      */
>>     V[] getValues();
>>
>> shouldn't this be returning a BTree<V,V>? cause we don't support an array
> as a holder of
> multiple values

The fact that it's stored as a BTree is implementation dependent, I'm
not sure the user of the API should know about it. What the user wants
is to get back the stored values, and this is convenient to get back an
array.

Now, it's probably even better to make the Value class being an
Iterable, exactly like the Attribute class. To get all the values, it's
just a mater to iterate on the Value.

Btw, for clarity, I'll rename the classes and interfaces to Element (and
SingleElement, BtreeElement, etc).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,