directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS performances
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:01:20 GMT
--On Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:39 PM +0200 Emmanuel L├ęcharny
<elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) OpenLDAP is the fastest, with at least 26 000 search/s, and the CPU
> wasn't maxed (we reached 85%). The network transfer rate was around
> 20Mb/s.

As a reference, it takes me about 120 clients running on 8 different
servers (15 clients per server) driving load against OpenLDAP to max out
slapd at 53,000 searches/second.  8 clients gets me 11,597 searches/second,
16 clients is 21,754 searches/second etc.  It takes a lot of clients to
really understand the full performance profile of OpenLDAP.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Lead Engineer