directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance improvements
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 03:14:14 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm in the train with not much internet connection, I spent some time
> trying to squeeze some more performances from the server.
>
> The last version gave me the following results
>
> CoreSession
> ===========
>
> Mavibot 10K entries
> -------------------
> Add : 79s, 127/s
> Search : 8964/s
>
> Jdbm 10k entries
> ----------------
> Add : 173s, 58/s
> Search : 958/s
>
>
> This is for the Core session test.
>
> I have improved the way we do comparisons on the server. In trunk, we
> always try to normalize any value (from the backend and from the
> filter), even if thy both have been normalized before in any case. So I
> added a flag in the NormalizingComparator which is set when this
> coparator is used on the server, so that the comparison is done wth no
> normalization at all. The gain is clear :
>
>
> CoreSession
> ===========
>
> Mavibot 10K entries
> -------------------
> Add : 76s, 132/s (+4%, not significant)
> Search : 12 927/s (+44%)
>
> Jdbm 10k entries
> ----------------
> Add : 172s, 58/s
> Search : 993/s (+4%)
>
>
> As we can see, JDBM has a lot of trouble to cope with searches, whatever
> we do. OTOH, Mavibot gain is spectacular, with a 44% improvement.
>
> perfect, once we change the BTree to hold subtree only when more than one
value is present then it will perform even better
I will try to do this in the weekend

> I'm profiling with this modification to see what's the next bottleneck.
>
> More to come...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> www.iktek.com
>
>


-- 
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Mime
View raw message