directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] File credentials cache for Kerberos
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 08:02:08 GMT
Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your input. I will fire a JIRA for this and work on it.

Regards,
Kai

From: Kiran Ayyagari [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:37 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Fwd: [ApacheDS] File credentials cache for Kerberos

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com<mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] File credentials cache for Kerberos
To: "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zheng@intel.com<mailto:kai.zheng@intel.com>>

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com<mailto:kai.zheng@intel.com>>
wrote:

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your help. I understand that KdcConnection->getTgt() can be called to request
a TGT ticket with specified principal and password. My question is how to store the result
TGT ticket in File Credential Cache (FCC) like kinit does. I would clarify that it's not to
store the password of a principal to a file as keytab does. Thanks.

ahh, I see, I just thought you want to store some data in a keytab.
currently there is no support for FCC creation, if you would like to
work on it here[1] is the format

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/shishi/manual/html_node/The-Credential-Cache-Binary-File-Format.html

Regards,

Kai