directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] File credentials cache for Kerberos
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:22:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to ApacheDS, and know that it provides a KDC, which is very useful for Kerberos related
automation tests. I'm looking for some feature or codes to cache TGT in file in compatible
format with krb5 FCC . The cached TGT as credentials can be loaded from the file cache by
other tools or libraries like Krb5LoginModule (a JAAS module bundled in JRE) and then used
to do login or whatever. After some investigation, I realized it may need development effort.
Before I dive into this, could you please confirm I'm not missing something? I'm wondering
if ApacheDS would come up kinit like tools for itself, if so then credentials cache for TGT
would be a good starting, and I'd like to contribute when get more inputs.

Thanks & regards,
Kai