directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changed config.ldif at apacheds-server-config but no effect
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:41:14 GMT
Le 8/16/13 5:23 PM, Merve Temizer a écrit :
> I have checked out from svn all apacheds related projects source, imported
> them into eclipse, builded from source and started to manage them by
> eclipse apache strudio plugin.
>
> I was able to add entries with userPassword attributes a while ago,
> but nowadays i am getting 'cannot verify quality of non-cleartext password'
> error when i want to add an entry with attribute 'userPassword'.
>
> I changed config.ldif at apacheds-server-config project by changing
> ads-pwdCheckQuality from 2 to 0, cleaned and built all the workspace and
> restart apacheds server but i am still getting error on adding userPassword
> attribute with SHA or SSHA

How did you built the server ?

Usually, what we do is to check out all the code using this command :

$ svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
apacheds-trunks
$ cd apacheds-trunks
$ mvn clean install -DskipTests

(this is to avoid running the tests, otherwise it will take from 20 mins
to one hour, depending on your disk and your CPU)

then :

$ mvn eclipse:eclipse

Now, you can load the projects in eclipse, and all will be pointing to
each others, instead of pointing to jars from the local maven repository.

This is mandatory if you want to change the server-config content and
having it loaded when you restart the server (otherwise, you still point
to the jar in the repository).

or, you can rebuild the server-cofig module alone.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,