directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Mavibot] Journal in BTree and RecordManager
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:00:27 GMT
Thanks for the response Kiran.

In the meantime I think I found some problems in the BTree journal
manager thread and the BTreeFlushTest.

1. On Jenkins Windows Build the BTreeFlushTest failed [1]. The failing
assertion checks if the length of the journal file is greater than 0. As
the journal manager runs in its own thread it is not guaranteed that the
thread run and the journal may not be written. I was able to reproduce
it also on Linux when using the MultiThreadedMultiInvoker. I wonder why
the journal uses its own thread at all, I thought each modification
should immediately written and flushed to the journal?

2. I think there is a bug in the BTree's journal manager code. The
flushModification() method returns a boolean. It is true when a Addition
or a Deletion was added, but then the journal manager thread stops. I
guess the boolean value should be inverted?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Directory/job/dir-mavibot-win/org.apache.directory.mavibot$mavibot/6/testReport/junit/org.apache.directory.mavibot.btree/BTreeFlushTest/testFlushBTree/