directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavibot web site needs a review
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 04:33:55 GMT
Le 8/9/13 5:32 AM, Ole Ersoy a écrit :
> Me again,
>
> I did a second review of the front page.  Just a few tiny updates /
> suggestions:
>
> ===================================================================================
>
> Apache Mavibot™
>
> Mavibot is a Multi Version Concurrency Control (MVCC) BTree in Java.
> It is expected to be a replacement for JDBM (The current backend for
> the  Apache Directory Server), but could be a good fit for any other
> project in need of a Java MVCC BTree implementation.

Yeah, it's better. I replaced the current sentence with yours.

> ===================================================================================
>

> Also I think it would be better to keep the news links separated onto
> their own page with with a left hand side navigation link as the
> doorway.  This way the front page has its role "What is Mavibot?" and
> the news page has it's role - "Here's what's up".

This is problematic... We would like to have a short description of what
is the project on the front page, but still be able to show the news on
the same page.

Not sure how we can do that in an efficient way.

But I agree that the way we do it currently is not good.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,